ASP.NET interview questions: - Can you explain benefits and limitations of using Query Strings?
- By Shiv Prasad Koirala in ASP.NET
- Apr 14th, 2012
A simple but most frequently asked ASP.NET interview question.
A query string is information sent to the server appended to the end of a page URL.
Following are the benefits of using query string for state management:-
- No server resources are required. The query string containing in the HTTP requests for a specific URL.
- All browsers support query strings.
Following are limitations of query string:-
- Query string data is directly visible to user thus leading to security problems.
- Most browsers and client devices impose a 255-character limit on URL length.
See the following video on ASP.NET for importance of session and viewstate: -
Explore for more ASP.NET interview questions tutorials.
From Authorís blog see other blog links ASP.NET interview questions
Shiv Prasad Koirala
Visit us @ www.questpond.com or call us at 022-66752917... read more