SQL Server interview questions: -What is CTE (Common table expression)?
- By Shiv Prasad Koirala in SQL
- Jan 4th, 2013
You can also read our 10 SQL Server interview questions from here.
This SQL Server interview question was asked in Cognizant to one of our readers.
CTE is a temporary result set which can be used within a execution of a SINGLE insert,update,delete or select query.
Using CTE is a 4 step process:-
- All CTE starts with "with" clause.
- After with you need to define CTE name and the field names. For instance in the below code snippet I have 3 fields Count,Column and Id. The name of CTE is "MyTemp".
- Once you have defined CTE we need to specify the SQL which will give the result for the CTE.
- Finally you can use the CTE in your SQL query.
You can also see SQL Server Interview questions CTE (Common table expression).
Here is our latest 20+ SQL Interview Questions and Answers video :-
Shiv Prasad Koirala
Visit us @ www.questpond.com or call us at 022-66752917... read more